About Us

Hello! My name is Mrs. Cooley and I am an EL (English Learner) Teacher.  My office is at Georgetown Elementary but I also service Bauer, Alward, Park, and Baldwin Street Middle School. This is my fifth year with HPS and I couldn’t be more blessed.  I am a graduate of Hope College and have spent three years teaching in Holland, MI and three years teaching in Maastricht, The Netherlands. I have a Master’s Degree in Education with an emphasis on Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.  I currently live in Hudsonville with my husband, Matt and our loving bulldog, Zoe.  We love to travel, cook, read, and spend time outside- kayaking, swimming, and hiking.  I look forward to working with your child and the Hudsonville Community.

Blog Picture 1

Hi! I’m Mrs. Golin, and I am also an English Learner (EL) Teacher. I am excited to be returning for my third year at Hudsonville Public Schools. My office is located at Jamestown Lower Elementary, but I also work with students from Jamestown Upper Elementary, South Elementary, Forest Grove Elementary, and Riley Street Middle School. I am a graduate of Hope College, where I received a bachelor’s degree in English Language Arts Elementary Education, Spanish, and English as a Second Language. My husband, Jake, and I live in Wyoming, where we enjoy playing tennis, reading, and taking walks with our Boston Terrier, Lily. I look forward to another year of serving our district’s English Learners!

Manzer Photo

Hello. My name is Rachel Manzer. I am the 9th-12th grade teacher of English Language Learners. My Bachelors of Science in Education is from Central Michigan University. I taught high school Spanish from 2003-2008. In 2007 I earned a Masters in Education in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). In 2008 I began teaching EL for Hudsonville High School. My husband is a counselor at Hudsonville High School. I have three children who are 8, 6, and 4 years old. I am passionate about working with English  Learners!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwaDnXos6mk

Hi! My name is Mrs. VanWieren and I am your K-12 EL paraprofessional.  I finished my ESL endorsement and love getting to work with our EL students everyday.  I love to spend time with my husband and our dogs.  I look forward to serving the Hudsonville ELL community for a third year.