About Us

Hi! I’m Mrs. Golin, and I am the K-5 English Learner (EL) teacher. I work with students in elementary schools across the Hudsonville District. I have been at HPS since 2014. I received a bachelor’s degree in elementary education, Spanish, and ESL from Hope College and a master’s degree in early childhood education from Grand Valley State University. My husband Jake and I live in Zeeland and enjoy traveling, kayaking, and going on walks with our dog Chewbacca. I look forward to another year of serving our district’s EL students and families!

Hello. My name is Rachel Manzer. I am the 6th-12th grade teacher of English Learners. My Bachelors of Science in Education is from Central Michigan University. I taught high school Spanish from 2003-2008. In 2007, I earned a Masters in Education in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). In 2008, I began teaching EL for Hudsonville High School. My husband is a counselor at the Ottawa Area Careerline Tech Center. I have three children who are all in elementary school. I am passionate about working with English  Learners!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwaDnXos6mk

Hi! My name is Mrs. VanWieren and I am your K-12 EL paraprofessional.  I finished my ESL endorsement and love getting to work with our EL students every day.  I love to spend time with my husband and our dogs.  I look forward to serving the Hudsonville EL community for a sixth year.